I love eating muffins for breakfast & this blueberry muffin is delicious! The buttermilk makes it super moist & a hint of lemon zest gives it some zing. With a butter cake base, it isn’t the most nutritious option to start the day… but hey it does have fruit in it!
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
(Adapted from Alexanda Cooks)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
zest from 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1.5 cups blueberries
2 tbsp turbino sugar
1. Cream butter & sugar together until fluffy. Add egg, lemon zest & vanilla.
2. Mix flour & baking powder together.
3. Alternate adding flour mixture & buttermilk into sugar mixture.
4. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter into lined muffin tin & sprinkle with turbino sugar.
6. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.