Last week I shared an outfit post where I wore a unique diy mini floral crown. I promised I would share how I made it, so here is a quick and fun tutorial for you all to try!
1. Get your supplies! You will need some wire (I used some inexpensive aluminium wire I picked up at a local hardware store), floral tape and a variety of flowers and foliage. Make sure to grab a mix of small, medium and large flowers as well as some greenery
2. Measure the crown of your head and cut a piece of wire 1″ bigger than the measured circumference. Twist the ends of the wires together or fold into loops to later attach ribbon as a closure.
3. Optionally, you can secure short pieces of wire to the stems of smaller flowers with floral tape. This will give them a bit more stability.
4. Starting in the centre with the biggest flower, begin stretching floral tape around each bloom onto the wire. Continue adding smaller flowers and greens until the crown is as full as you would like. Keep trying the crown on as you go and reposition flowers as needed.
5. Tie a piece of ribbon through the loops you created earlier. Your crown is now ready to wear, or you can save it for another day by spraying it with a bit of water and placing it in a plastic bag, storing it in your refrigerator.